The Wharton Center Institute for Arts & Creativity is currently seeking a Manager of Community Engagement and Special Projects. This position will be responsible for the day to day management of the Sutton Foster Ovation Awards – an annual state wide competition at Wharton Center involving 40 plus high school musical theatre students who compete to participate in the Jimmy Awards in New York City. The program requires extensive preparation and organization beginning in the fall of 2018 and concluding with a weekend of competition and performances in May of each year. This position will also assume other duties as assigned. Manager reports to the Institute Director, Bert Goldstein.
• Musical theater background with a good knowledge of Broadway musical theatre.
• Superior organizational skills. Position requires a great deal of scheduling, communication with schools and students, communication with the Broadway League in New York City, and interaction with nearly all Wharton Center departments. Manager also communicates with the show’s producer, director, choreographer, judges and other artistic team to successfully produce the show.
• Manager needs to be a self-starting problem solver and can demonstrate patience in dealing with schools, students, artists and families.
• Advocate for the program by participating in speaking engagements or presentations.
• Position is currently budgeted at about 20 hours per week which may increase in May if additional preparation for the event is needed.
• Other duties as assigned include but are not limited to assisting with other Institute programs in musical theater and arts education.
• Support staff to include current Institute staff and interns.
• May require some travel.
• Weekend and evening work may be required.
• Competitive salary.
Please send resume, references and cover letter to Bert Goldstein via email to: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org