Summer Circle Theatre Season & Acting Position Announcements
Summer Circle Theatre 2018:
58th Season of free theatre: Love is in the air
For Summer Circle’s 58th Season we invite you to a summer of romance under the stars. A collection of plays and musicals to entertain and entice. From family entertainment to the newest in adult contemporary programming, Summer Circle invites you to laugh at the follies of love, fall in love all over again, or find that special someone for the first time.
Mainstage #1 Amour Music by Michel LeGrand, Libretto by Didier van Cauwelaert
Adapted from Le Passe-Muraille by Marcel Aymé (Les Éditions Gallimard) English adaptation by Jeremy Sams, Directed by Rob Roznowski, Choreographed and Vocal Direction by Alisa Hauser, Musical Direction by Jeff English
• Performs: 6/6-9 @ 8pm and is appropriate for all ages.
• This charming French musical follows the adventures of a meek office worker who secretly pines for the unhappily married, Isabelle. When the clerk unexpectedly discovers the ability to walk through walls he gains confidence and power that allows him to stand up for what he has been missing – Love.
Mainstage #2 Sense and Sensibility by Kate Hamill, based on the novel by Jane Austen, Directed by Dan Smith
• Performs: 6/13-16 @ 8pm and is appropriate for all ages.
• The ridiculously funny adaptation of the beloved novel follows the Dashwood sisters as they cope with the pressures and gossip of society in 18th century England. This richly comedic and highly theatrical production brings a contemporary vibe to this romantic story.
Mainstage #3 Unnamed contemporary comedy Directed by Deric McNish
• Performs: 6/20-23 @ 8pm and is appropriate for mature audiences only.
• As Jordan’s women friends get married he becomes increasingly isolated as he attends wedding after wedding. Can he find Mr. Right for himself?
Children’s Show: Love and Other Junk Music and Lyrics and Musical Direction by Seth Burk, Book by Rob Roznowski, Directed and Choreographed by Brad Willcuts
• Performs: 6/8, 6/9, 6/15, 6/16 @ 6:30pm and is appropriate for all ages.
• A collection of short scenes and songs about love from a child’s perspective. This funny and touching world premiere musical is based on interviews with local kids and offers insight into what they think about love.
Late Night Show: Smudge by Rachel Axler, Directed by Meredith Wagner
• Performs: 6/15, 6/16, 6/22, 6/23 @ approx. 10:00pm and is appropriate for mature audiences only.
• This dark show follows the adventure of two new parents who have given birth to a “blur.” Their nondescript smudge of a child forces this couple to confront what it means to love another.
ACTING POSITIONS AVAILABLE
AUDITIONS for Summer Circle Theatre are Sunday, March 18, 2018
(Scripts are available in the main office: Room 113 in the MSU Auditorium)
All Actors must be available May 14 – June 25, 2018.
Seeking one male singer/actor. Must be good character actor. Age 45+. Plays several roles in Amour. Please prepare one 32 bar song for auditions in the style of the show.
AUDITIONS FOR Community Male Actors for Summer Circle Theatre musical, Amour sing up here:
Seeking one female actor. Age 60+. Must have great comedic and dramatic skills for unnamed contemporary comedy. Please prepare the sides with link below.
AUDITIONS FOR Community Female Actors for Summer Circle Theatre comedy. Female actor sign up here:
Sides for Female Community Actor for role of Helene can be found here.
Community Guest Actors will be paid $500 for their work.
Audition on March 18, 2018; Callbacks will take place the same day.
if you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Head of Acting & Directing
Department of Theatre
Michigan State University
542 Auditorium Road
East Lansing, MI 48824