Fall mainstage play directed by Andy Callis
The course of true love is anything but smooth when friends and family stop at nothing to make sure the "right" match is made. Set in Ireland, this lively, magical melodrama is funny and dramatic with an ensemble of excellent roles for 5 women and 6 men.
- Myles: a trickster, a moonshiner, possesses a sly sense of humor and has a good heart. Sings.
- Hardress Cregan: a dashing male romantic lead. Somewhat selfish but ultimately good.
- Kyrle Daly: a young man in love.
- Father Tom: likes his whiskey and his tobacco. Likes to find the lesson in everything, a solver of problems.
- Mr. Corrigan: a pettifogging attorney, somewhat villainous, selfish, a social climber, greedy.
- Eily O'Connor: a country girl, innocent, heart of gold. Singing role.
- Danny Mann, the Hunchbacked Servant: sniveling and totally devoted to his master to the point of villainy.
- Sheelah: peevish middle aged woman. Salt of the earth. Danny's mother.
- Anne Chute: upper class. Likes Horses. In love with Kyrle. Could be played many ways.
- Mrs. Cregan: Very selfish old woman. Upper class.
The Cregans, Anne, and Kyrle will have subtle dialects, the rest will be thicker.
Come prepared to sing and try out an Irish dialect. Cold readings from the script. Scripts available for perusal at the LCC Library.
Production Dates: Nov. 6-7 and 13-15, 2015 in Dart Auditorium
Information: Andy Callis, email@example.com, 517-483-1134