RIVERWALK THEATRE is looking for 4 actors who are interested in playing the defendant, and the witnesses in mock civil trials for the MSU College of Law Trial Practice Institute. This semester’s case is a wrongful death case arising from the death of Lindsey Marie Bofus who died tragically when she ran into the street in a panic upon being accosted by a young man, who allegedly harassed, intimidated and bullied her at a summer camp they both were attending. There are 4 trials, all using the same case study over 2 days. We are looking for a total of 12 actors --2 actors to play the plaintiff, 2 actors to play the defendant, (one for each trial day) and 8 other actors to play the witnesses for both parties in all 4 trials. There is a small stipend for the gig – up to $200, depending on the role and the number of trials in which you testify.
Actors would need to be available on all of the following dates:
· Orientation (Date to be determined . It will be a Sunday or weekday evening between Sept 15 and 29) from approximately for a two hour coaching session with the class professors.
· Wednesday, Oct 15 and Monday, Oct 20 from 6-8pm, for interviews with the student lawyers
· Saturday, Nov 22 and Sunday, Nov. 23, 8:30 am – 4 pm
The number of actors needed for each role is in parentheses
1. Andrew Duframe, DEFENDANT (2 male actors, early 20’s): Duframe is a real “ladies’ man”. He fancies himself as the guy all the girls want to be with. He has had success with women. He is cocky and tends to think of himself as humorous. He wants to go into business and eventually lead a Forbes 500 firm. He is frightened at the prospect that this case will ruin his career. He can be seen as a potential candidate to fly off the handle and strike a significant other.
2. Bill Johnson: (2-male actors, early 20’s) A follower. In spite of his lack of personal knowledge of the relationship between Duframe and Lindsey, he willingly bought into Duframe’s version of the events. He is bright, but immature. Thinks of himself as funny—but no one else does. He is a devoted friend of Andrew Duframe and will offer testimony that will support Duframe’s defense.